Code of ConductUpdated Saturday October 26, 2013 by Community Athletic League.
Community Athletic League, Inc. (henceforth referred to as “League”) is a non-profit, incorporated organization founded for the instruction and development of children in athletics. Our goal is to provide the youth with a safe, welcoming environment, create a sense of community and teach the fundamentals of baseball and softball. In order to achieve our objective, each participant and their families are required to accept and sign the foregoing Code of Conduct.
The term "League" shall include: Board Members, Division Directors, Executive Board, Team Managers, Coaches, Players and their Families.
1. Parental support and participation is extremely important. Parents must attend practices and games or make arrangements with the team manager. Spectators are encouraged to cheer for the players, and support the coaches and staff.
2. Notify your team manager as soon as possible if your child is unable to attend practices or games. Consequences for repeated absences, excused or unexcused, are left to the discretion of the manager. Managers will follow the rules set up by the league.
3. At no time shall any member of the League undermine, or question the decision of an umpire. The umpires have the authority and discretion during a game to penalize the offender up to, and including, expulsion from the game.
4. Negative or inappropriate comments or behavior will not be tolerated. If you have an issue, please bring it to the attention of a manager.
5. If your manager can not assist you with your issue, please speak to the Director of your division. If you are still not satisfied, you may then take your issue to the Vice-President of your league. If that does not solve your issue, then and only then, can you go to the President of the League. You must follow this chain of command to solve your issue. All formal complaints are to be presented in written form. Blank forms are provided in the concession stand.
6. Physical or sexual harassment will not be tolerated in any form and constitutes immediate expulsion from the League. If you experience this type of behavior, please notify an Executive Board Member immediately.
7. No member of the League, spectator or visitor shall consume or be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs at any child participated field event. Suspicion of intoxication shall result in immediate action from the Board of Directors, and the appropriate authorities will be notified. Intoxication will be defined as a suspicious odor or behavior.
8. No person shall smoke or use a tobacco product in any of the Town of Elsmere Parks or any structure located within fifty feet of any entrance or exit to any public library, public building or facility owned by the Town of Elsmere and/or jointly owned and operated by the Town of Elsmere and other designated entities.
9. The Executive Board of Directors will review all infractions of the C.A.L Code of Conduct. Depending on the seriousness or frequency, the Executive Board will determine the best course of action up to, and including expulsion from the League.